summer haircut

This topic contains 47 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Shilpa Shilpa 10 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Vinod
    Vinod
    Participant

Hello,

I just joined this group, is this forum also for discussion for short haircuts on men ?

I want to know before I get a summer haircut , how a girl feels about such a cut, hence wanted to ask this question. From my childhood, I wanted to get a short summer haircut , I had got it couple of times during my school days , it was rather someone else’s choice.. I will be asked to go to a barbershop that costs less and naturally it will not be like the saloons that we have nowadays. I will be asked to tell the barber to put machine on the sides and back and also very high on the back and sides. Barber will also use the old fashioned clippers and will clip me bald at sides and back, everyone that walks on the road will give a look to the cut that I will be getting. During that time,I used to hate such cut as I will wear cap for a week or so to allow it to grow..

Now this summer, after a long time, I want to get one such cut , completely sheared at the sides and back. I want to know if this liked by girls.

thanks.

Profile photo of sumaira
    sumaira
    Participant

Don’t think about anyone if u like u can even go blad in this hot summer…people always have something negative to say so do whatever u like not what other people like

Profile photo of Vinod
      Vinod
      Participant

thank you for the wonderful suggestion, I want to do step by step , perhaps bald will be next step, firstly I want to try this military style cut , almost bald at sides and back.

I don’t know if I should tell my girlfriend before I get this though I have hinted her that I am going to very short haircut for the summer , probably not in a parlour but in a barbershop.. am wondering if I should tell her fully..

Profile photo of sumaira
    sumaira
    Participant

I think u should tell her fully to know her opinion wheter she like it or not and even u can ask her to company u if she likes

Profile photo of sumaira
    sumaira
    Participant

N even u both can go together n both can have haircut if she is also willing to have haircut…I think that will be the great experience for u both…hope u will like my suggestion

Profile photo of Nisha
    Nisha
    Participant

Vinod,

Personally, I love it when guys get their sides and back clippered. When you touch it, it gives velvet like feelings and let me take liberty of saying this, its quite a turn on.
    But I must also mention that if you are getting such short haircut then also keep beard. Like you can keep a one week stubble. Well groomed and well shaped. That adds to the masculine features. And most of the girls i know love beards. Just saying.☺☺☺

Profile photo of Vinod
      Vinod
      Participant

thank you much for the suggestion. Ok I will also try to have week stubble, one suggestion when I asked I got was to go for clean shave also as sides and back being clipped bald , face also should be clean shaven to go with the look. And as I said I just like the old fashioned clippers , nowadays it’s fully electrical , will try to see if there is some shops in and around my place to get such cut. Otherwise last resort would go for electric ones. Personally I don’t like electric ones as it will be too fast , manual takes time ..

Profile photo of sumaira
    sumaira
    Participant

Does your gf like getting short haircut

Profile photo of Vinod
      Vinod
      Participant

nice question – did you mean to ask short haircuts on me ? or on herself also ?
      I really haven’t opened up such topic with her, when I said I am going to get extreme short haircut for summer , she gave me a weird look, perhaps may not want to see me in that look ? I don’t know what her reaction was though… I will open this topic again with her , while I try to find a barbershop with manual clippers..

Profile photo of sumaira
    sumaira
    Participant

On u an as well as on her

Profile photo of Vinod
      Vinod
      Participant

on me as I said she hasn’t commented any but didn’t pursue this topic further on that day – will ask her again today or tomorrow… I was always under the impression that such cuts girls dont’ like..

Profile photo of Vinod
    Vinod
    Participant

in fact I will be ok if she comes with me to the shop and asks the barber to give me a short summer haircut and asks him to clipper it at sides and back and very high also…

Profile photo of sumaira
    sumaira
    Participant

Ok give us update what your gf says n when u going for summer haircut with her..hope she support u for it

Profile photo of Vinod
    Vinod
    Participant

definitely, will speak to her today and share, while she may agree for close cut, I just get a feel she will not come to barbershop with me.

Profile photo of sumaira
    sumaira
    Participant

Always hope for the best..I feel she will come with u

Profile photo of Vinod
      Vinod
      Participant

thanks, I just assume that no girl would want to come to a barbershop , if it’s parlour it may work, but not to a normal barbershop, will check ..

Profile photo of sumaira
    sumaira
    Participant

If she is not willing to come barber shop then go to unisex salon then she will definitely come

Profile photo of Vinod
    Vinod
    Participant

yes, that would my choice for sure but I also wanted cut using manual clippers instead of electric ones.. Let me see which works.. I have to compromise somewhere..

Profile photo of Vinod
    Vinod
    Participant

manual clippers are hand-operated ones , nowadays none is aware of that, new age barbers also don’t know how to use. Just in case if you were wondering what this manual one is..

Profile photo of sumaira
    sumaira
    Participant

I am aware about manual clippers

Profile photo of Vinod
    Vinod
    Participant

ok , cool. Very sorry – thought only boys may know .. Anyways, I casually opened up this topic with my GF, she asked me when I am going to get cut, I told I will let her know. She didn’t say any yes or no after that.

Profile photo of sumaira
    sumaira
    Participant

U ask her if is she willing to come with u for the haircut

Profile photo of Vinod
    Vinod
    Participant

yes, that’s the next question to her, meanwhile over weekend I will try to find barbershops that has old clippers , finalize the place and then ask her about it.

Profile photo of Vinod
    Vinod
    Participant

My GF is not ready to come with me and also tells me to not get very drastic cuts and never girls like that cut and asks me to reconsider. I want to show her this thread to say that indeed there are people that like this..

Profile photo of sumaira
    sumaira
    Participant

Ok then go for normal haircut if she doesn’t like short hair of yours

Profile photo of Vinod
    Vinod
    Participant

thanks, but I want to get it clipped high on sides and back to bald and feel the fresh air. will meet my GF after a week if she doesn’t like it, by then some hair would have grown too..

Profile photo of leon
    leon
    Participant

Hi to alli am new here

Profile photo of leon
    leon
    Participant

Vinod you can shave yiur sides also with back it gives different smart looks i had seen here in my town with college students. Its very attractive

Profile photo of Nisha
    Nisha
    Participant

I personally like such haircuts guys.
    Gives them a very well groomed look.

Profile photo of Vinod
      Vinod
      Participant

Oh, this is good to hear Nisha, I thought girls won’t like such shaved off cuts on sides and back – though it won’t be razor shaved but rather clipper shaved , planning to get it this weekend..

Profile photo of Nisha
    Nisha
    Participant

Razor shave will be too extreme and migjt not look good. I think clipper shave is good enough.

I think I should send mom with you to barbershop to get haircut. She gets similar haircut… he he he….

Profile photo of Vinod
      Vinod
      Participant

yes razor shave will be extreme, am thinking of clipper shave done high at sides and back , preferably manual clippers.. don’t know what will be the reactions though after the cut, am little nervous and excited to get such cut.

Profile photo of Nisha
    Nisha
    Participant

I would suggest, get this haircut and carry it with attitude.

Profile photo of Vinod
      Vinod
      Participant

yeah, that’s my wish too, was growing my hair to get a nice clipper haircut. Have also found a barbershop little far from where I live that has manual clippers, only catch is that this is a barbershop that’s little old , run by aged barber that knows to clip only using manual clippers. It’s an open barbershop with a bench outside to wait and a single chair. Am excited as it brings back my memories of childhood

Profile photo of sumaira
    sumaira
    Participant

Good to listen that finally u r going to get haircut as u like

Profile photo of Vinod
      Vinod
      Participant

Thanks Sumaira, am pretty excited to get it clippered, my GF may not like it but am going ahead, will meet her after a week ….

Do you encourage guys to get such a cut in case if any asks you for opinion ?

Profile photo of sumaira
    sumaira
    Participant

Ya..I will encourage a guy for such cut if anyone ask for opinion

Profile photo of Vinod
      Vinod
      Participant

Hi Sumaira, Nisha,

Happy to share the information I got my haircut on Saturday. Manual clippers are too good, its slow and now it’s entirely clipped at my sides and back and top left with very very minimum hair. I am thinking if I should shave off my moustache also or keep it as it is. The barber asked me to come every 2 weeks to keep the cut clean.

Profile photo of sumaira
    sumaira
    Participant

Plz share detail experience of your haircut whenever u get it done

Profile photo of Vinod
      Vinod
      Participant

oh yes, sure – I can but it can write into several lines – I can detail from the time I get caped to barber picking up the hand clippers, adjusting, starting, finishing, etc, etc.. if there is interest to read that, I would certainly do..

Profile photo of Vinod
    Vinod
    Participant

Hi Sumaira, Nisha,

Happy to share the information I got my haircut on Saturday. Manual clippers are too good, its slow and now it’s entirely clipped at my sides and back and top left with very very minimum hair. I am thinking if I should shave off my moustache also or keep it as it is. The barber asked me to come every 2 weeks to keep the cut clean.

Profile photo of Vinod
    Vinod
    Participant

Hello,

are there any size in clippers that’s between 1# and 0 ? I got my sides and back clippered using 1#, wasn’t ready to go full bald,hence curious to know if there is any between these sizes.

Profile photo of Shilpa
    Shilpa
    Participant

Vinod really nice to hear u got buzzcuts!! Must be fun.
    when my friends get such haircut, i like to touch the buzzed part and get velvet like feel… ha ha ha…

But unfortunately i dont have much idea about sizes. My hair is too long. Never needed clippers. Lol…

Profile photo of Vinod
    Vinod
    Participant

Thank you Shilpa. Last time I got it cut using hand clippers – it was a slow process and I got it totally bald on sides and back – my GF scolded me for getting such a close haircut, so this time I didn’t want to clipper it bald but 1# clipper wasn’t short enough so was checking if any inbetween size is there.

How often your friends get such cuts – is it drastic enough, clippered bald –

Profile photo of Shilpa
    Shilpa
    Participant

I am not sure what type of clippers they use and all. But i dont think it is too drastic. I think yours would be more short. I would love to touch ur velvet like head… ha ha ha…

Profile photo of Vinod
    Vinod
    Participant

yes , mine is very short at the sides and back, I like such cuts , nowadays I want to get such cuts more often. I don’t hear any positive comments though from girls on such cuts in my place.

Profile photo of tony
    tony
    Participant

doesn’t matter if you don’t get good comments , if you like it you should get it.

Profile photo of Shilpa
    Shilpa
    Participant

Vinod,

Girls must be shy.
    i know many girls who like short hair on boys. Specially on sides and back.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.