My school going son wants me to be modern – please advice

Log In Forums Western Wear My school going son wants me to be modern – please advice

This topic contains 15 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Venkat 4 months ago.

• Author

Vandana
    Participant

Hi,

I am new to the forums. I saw topics here being discussed which are not usually discussed anywhere. Hence posting the unique issue that i am facing.
    recently we had a parents meeting in my son`s school. Most of the parents were there. Even I went. When we cam back my son is demanding me to be more modern. like moms of other kids. but the examples he is giving, those moms are too modern for me.they wear one piece dresses and have short hair. I have no idea what to do.
    Please advice. Anyone else faced this issue?

KVijay
    Participant

Welcome dear

Venkat
    Participant

Hello vandana garu first of all welcome to you.modern means u can look modern in many ways. If you r not interested in dresses u try for different short haircuts which is very common now a days

Vandana
    Participant

Venkat Sir
    I always had long hair. So no idea what i will do. Also i dont think its just haircut. My son wants me to completely change. Looks like he is ashamed of my traditional looks.

Venkat
    Participant

Vandana garu at a time complete change means not possible so first u try some modern dresses and u try first funky haircut or long bob haircut u can slowly change ur look in this way

KVijay
    Participant

Haircut is nt at all needed. U r wrong Mr. Vekant. We do have long haired celebrities. They r quite modern.

Venkat
    Participant

Vijay she wants to be modern not to be a celebrity so I suggested an idea

Vandana
    Participant

Venkat Sir,

You maybe right. I should try one thing at a time.
    I tried to speak to my son. but it seems he has taken matter to his heart. I am not sure if he is going to be ok with just one change. kids these days !!

Venkat
    Participant

Vandana garu as I said u try one by one first u try some modern dresses then u can try haircut so when you r starting for change?

Shilpa
    Participant

Vandana Mam,

You can borrow some female friends clothes and try it…. Also there are some apps where you can put your pic and see ehich typenof haircut suits you…. So once you have some idea, only then do something in real only if you are comfortable. Else your son also has to understand that he will not get everything he wants in his life. This is also important.

KVijay
    Participant

Vandana u dnt reply on private msgs?

Anand tiwari
    Participant

Hello, I am a salon manager in Bengaluru. We are conducting a hair based random survey on instagram. The insta id is @anandtiwari08. We provide haircut suggestions too. If you are interested, you may contact us. Or if you provide your insta id, we will contact you.
    Thank you

Vandana
    Participant

Guys – I shared my concerns with husband and one of my female friend who is also friend of my husband. This weekend I tried wearing a knee length one piece dress for first time in my life. it was a very different experience. Initially I was scared but later everything was normal.

Vandana
    Participant

Anand Sir – Sorry cannot come to bengalaru
    Kvijay sir – sorry, i m not online much.
    Venkat sir – i am implementing in small steps. hopefully in some days my son will forget it, till then i will try something small. Very good suggestion . Thank you.

Venkat
    Participant

Oh it’s really good to hear from you yes it is better to start with small things.so when you r implementing the first idea?

Venkat
    Participant

Vandana garu any update regarding ur one piece dress

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.