Mami's Haircut Suggestion

This topic contains 49 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of yogesh yogesh 1 week ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Mugdha
    Mugdha
    Participant

My Mami is a young lady married from past 14 years but she dont seem to old she has maintained herself very well . except her dresaing sense and her hairstyle. She had the same knee length hairs till last two years . in 2014 I convinced her and she agreed to trim a little bit. but then i chopped them till below butt length. Again last year again i gave her below waist length u shape but again that was not a big change for her and she was not agreeing for a big change or at least for layers in current length and a chamge in dressing sense. This year in July my Mama got transferred in Spain. so she also went with him . There she started wearing punjabi dresses first then she got comfortable to jeans and T-Shirts too. And when yesterday when they landed and came home i was shocked to see her face to face because she was looking so hot in jeans. and was looking more slim than earlier as she started working out also. and Yesterday night when we both were doing chit chat she told me that she is thinking of getting a haircut and she even told me that she is ready for a drastic change so people please suggest some modern chic haircut for her her current hair length is below waist line straight hair.
    NO HEADSHAVE AND PIXIE SUGGESTIONS PLZ THEY DONT MAKE SENSE FOR HER.

Profile photo of tony
    tony
    Participant

hello Mugdha

how about going mid back length in a v shape and layeres.
    and layered bangs on the front that frame the face.
    this would be a drastic, sober,beautiful and a good change for mami.
    but not too drastic like a pixie or a shave

Profile photo of tony
    tony
    Participant

15 to 20 inches of hair would be chopped of depending upon how short your mami is ready to go.

and the front will have layered bangs so little more inches would go off the front

Profile photo of Mugdha
    Mugdha
    Participant

she is ready even for a bob so plz suggest accordingly

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Inverted U, or the A line bob could also be good. Maybe some sober colouring will add to the makeover

Profile photo of tony
    tony
    Participant

is she ready for an undercut as well???

Profile photo of yogesh
    yogesh
    Participant

I think she can go for a long bob.. just shoulder touching.

Profile photo of Mugdha
      Mugdha
      Participant

she will have haircut on coming friday just before diwali’s puja . U can suggest through picd also so tht it would be easier for me to convince her

Profile photo of Mugdha
      Mugdha
      Participant

Not sure abt undercut but will ask her and let u knw .. will u plz share some pic so tht she will get a clr idea abt it

Profile photo of yogesh
    yogesh
    Participant

Other option could be asymmetrical bob. Short on one side and long on other side.

Profile photo of yogesh
    yogesh
    Participant

what about getting bangs / Fringes on forehead? you can try to get her heavy bangs.

Profile photo of Mugdha
      Mugdha
      Participant

she already have side swept bangs

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Does she need to tie her hair once in a while for some ceremony where she has to also wear a saree?

Profile photo of Mugdha
      Mugdha
      Participant

not necessary she can have open hairs with saree alsoand she dont stay in india now so no issue

Profile photo of Stan
    Stan
    Participant

Hi mugdha, good to know she’s ready for a makeover. Ask her to get a layered cut as shown in the link: https://planetzuri.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/best-haircuts-for-long-hair-01.jpg
    And she can go for short hair later. It would be a huge step to loose waist length hair at once.
    Try different hairstyles instead of getting short hair at once.

Profile photo of Mugdha
      Mugdha
      Participant

the pic u have shown i showed it to her she said its nice but she really wants to go short this time so can u suggest some another haircut

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

@Mugdha. You can search the web for bob, as you said the hair is straight.

Profile photo of Mugdha
      Mugdha
      Participant

No they are not straight she had cut them in straight line. Her hairs are curly and very very thick

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Has she consulted any good stylist? what do they suggest?
    A shoulder length haircut may be good idea.

Profile photo of Mugdha
    Mugdha
    Participant

stylist said tht bob will not look good on her coz her hairs are curly and too thick so she now finalised below shoulder length layered cut so tht she can get rid of some volume ..

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Good to know that she found the right style for her. Now after the haircut, she may look like your sister and not mami!

Profile photo of Mugdha
      Mugdha
      Participant

yes devesh she is already too hot waiting for tomorrow whn she ll get more hotter.. she even wnts to change dressing so suggestions are welcomed… she wears jeans sometimes but not regularly so suggest accordingly

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Long skirt to begin with. Or shirt and trouser combination

Profile photo of Mugdha
      Mugdha
      Participant

Thanks Devesh I ll suggest her nkw we are heading towards salon

Profile photo of Mugdha
    Mugdha
    Participant

Thankyou So Much Guys my mami got Shoulder length feather cut and after seeing her in tht cut my mom said tht she also wants same style so she is also gonna chop her waist length hairs to same as my mami …Once again thankyou so much .

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

So when does the shopping for new dress begin?

Profile photo of Mugdha
      Mugdha
      Participant

Tomorrow after my mom’s haircut

Profile photo of Shilpa
    Shilpa
    Participant

Mugdha… updates please.

How was your moms haircut?
    What does your mami wear now?

Profile photo of Mugdha
    Mugdha
    Participant

My mom got a bit shorter than my mami’s haircut. She went for tight chin length bob with shaved nape tatoo.and my mami bought some skirts and tops and mom bought punjabi dresses and some jeans and tshirts.. thankyiu so much guys for ur valuable suggestions

Profile photo of Nisha
    Nisha
    Participant

Wow mughda.. this is a series of makeovers in your house !!
    What was everyones reaction?

Profile photo of Mugdha
    Mugdha
    Participant

First of all the whole society was shocked to see my mami’s makeover.. then their mouth was fully opened when my mom also followed mami and got a makeover in next week. Then when we went home after my mom’s makeover ,my grandma scolded all three of us tht i was angry with mami’s haircut and still mom got her makeover done. Then we convince her saying that we r living in 21st century nw and we should change according the world.changes .Then she said its ok and agreed to let them maintain same looks

Profile photo of Shilpa
    Shilpa
    Participant

wow thats nice…. you have all hot girls in your house now.. ha ha ha..

Profile photo of Mugdha
      Mugdha
      Participant

Aaisa keh sakte hai …. Ha ha ha ha

Profile photo of Shilpa
    Shilpa
    Participant

its really awesome to see mami and mom turning hottie.

Profile photo of Mugdha
      Mugdha
      Participant

yeah shilpa

Profile photo of Mugdha
    Mugdha
    Participant

Do u guys think they should go further in next few months.. if yes then suggestions are welcomed abt hairstyle as well as for dressing. no comments abt head shave please both of them are ready for nape shave and i also want a makeover my hairs are butt length now previously i have chopped them to mid length 3 years back and nw i wannna try smthng new in cmng mnths

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

How short are you willing to go

Profile photo of Mugdha
      Mugdha
      Participant

Maybe Chin long assymetric bob with buzzed nape

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Do you have straight hair?

Profile photo of Mugdha
      Mugdha
      Participant

Yes kumar my hairs are straight

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Well, then do justice to your profile picture. something similar to that should be good

Profile photo of tony
    tony
    Participant

ohhh Mugdha then there will be 3 hot ladies in the house……

btw if you’re thinking of getting a nape shave then keep your hair below the chin length so you can hide it properly.

Profile photo of tony
    tony
    Participant

and if you really want to shave and show it up….then what about a side shave…..
    won’t it be adventurous and awesome change??

Profile photo of Mugdha
      Mugdha
      Participant

I never said i will shave my neck tony i said i wikk buzz it

Profile photo of joe jenn
    joe jenn
    Participant

Hi Mugdha,
    I think if you have straight hair, You can go for A-line Bob or Asymmetric Bob with undercut tattoo.

Profile photo of Mugdha
      Mugdha
      Participant

Thankyou so much u guys made my day i got an asymmetric bob with undercut yesterday.. thankyou once again. love u all .and i think .. snip n chop is the best platform for such stuff . thanx a lot to its admin also

Profile photo of joe jenn
    joe jenn
    Participant

Wow that’s great. I am very sure you might me be looking stunning and gorgeous. If possible would you like to share your haircut pic.

Profile photo of Mugdha
    Mugdha
    Participant

I think u have nt read the terms and conditions of this site before joining it .. admin has strictly said nt to involve with anyone and not to share pics

Profile photo of Shilpa
    Shilpa
    Participant

You are correct mugdha !!

Profile photo of yogesh
    yogesh
    Participant

Mugdha, you didnt tell us about your haircut!!
    Can you tell us in detal about it ?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.